With hundreds of gourmet giveaways served since 2015, the OrigamiGlobe team have perfected the secret recipe for running the perfect competition and we want to share it with you.
Whether you’re a marketing Masterchef or digital dishwasher, there’s a place for you in our competition kitchen – all you need to do is follow the recipe. So preheat your contest ovens to 180 degrees (160 if you’re fan-forced), grab your aprons and let’s get cooking.
Our perfect competition recipe.
Engaging, compelling and chock full of subtle hints of your brand flavours, this perfect competition recipe is surprisingly easy and incredibly delicious; and with zero calories per serve, it’s the perfect way to launch your brand, grow your business or generate some tasty sales.
TIP: why not invite your customers over for a long lunch and serve with a juicy consolation offer side dish (bonus recipe below!) for maximum ROI?
2 WEEKS – 3 MONTHS
Perfect giveaway ingredients.
1 big, juicy goal
1 clearly defined ideal entrant
1 to 3 marketing messages (to taste)
A valuable prize
2 key dates – open and close
Your choice of entry method
1 tasty T&Cs template
Licences and permits (as required)
10 (approx) promotional social posts
1 consolation offer (optional)
Directions for creating your perfect competition.
- Prepare your competition by setting yourself a big, juicy competition goal. Ideally your goal should be relevant to your marketing goals and overall business direction. Set aside to cool.
- Define your ideal competition entrant. You want a ripe demographic that’s most likely to purchase from you.
- Decide on the marketing message(s) you will sprinkle throughout your competition or giveaway. Depending on your taste, these could be taglines, unique selling points, values or brand statements.
- Next, decide what you’ll give away as your prize (or prizes if you want to include runner up prizes).
The best prize is always your own product or service.
- Choose your cooking time and set your open and close date. The ideal competition cooking time is between 2 weeks and 3 months.
- Select an entry method for your contest.
- Combine all of the above ingredients into our handy competition terms and conditions template so your business is protected.
- Finally, apply for any relevant licences and permits to ensure your competition is hot, crisp and legal.
- Preheat your audience with some strategic countdown posts on social media before launch.
- Whilst your competition or giveaway is simmering, continue to stir with regular promotional posts on social media, across your website and via any third party channels.
- Once your competition is cooked all the way through, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Prepare your entries and draw your winner.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe by adding in runner-up prizes, additional social media promotional posts, sprinkle in some videos, or call our competition chef hotline for extra tips and tricks.
Enjoying this recipe?
There’s a lot more where that came from! Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more practical tips, tricks and how tos.
Optional side dish: consolation offer.
A bonus recipe for a seriously tasty side dish to complement your perfect competition. Works best with enter your email to win competitions. Serve immediately to ensure optimum freshness (and conversion).
- After your winner has accepted their prize, contact your list of entrants to announce the fresh-out-the-oven winner of your perfect competition.
- In your winner announcement email, include a delicious consolation offer, seasoned to taste. Popular flavours include discounts, gift with purchase and value adds or upgrades.
- Ensure your offer is as easy as pie to redeem – but most importantly – track, so you can monitor the tasty return on investment from your perfect contest.
Anyone can run a competition, but not everyone can run a successful competition. Now, thanks to the competition chefs at OrigamiGlobe, you’ve got a tried and tested, fan-favourite recipe to create tasty competitions and giveaways each and every time.
If your competition is over – or under – cooked or looks more like lumpy porridge than a tempting treat, chat to our chefs about how we can tweak the ingredients, adjust the cooking time and serve up the perfect slice of competition for your business.